Friday, October 3, 2008

mind of its own

For the past six years, I have driven the same green saab. It has been on countless road trips all around the western United States....not to mention, Mexico...twice. Although I love this car, i will be the first to admit, it has had way beyond its fair share of engine, electircal, who the heck knows, problems. However, for some reason, I never want to get rid of it. Lately it has had an especially interesting issue. Every now and then, let's say one out of every ten times, it just doesn't want to start. I will try four or five times, think to myself, "here we go again" then usually call someone for a ride. I don't worry too much because I know in an hour I will go back to my car, and it will start, as if nothing ever happened. Weird, i know, but that is just how it works.

What I realized I do now a days is, everytime my car does start on the first time, I clap my hands and shout "YES!"
I didn't think anything of it until today when a friend was with me and asked, "Yes what?"
I replied, "My car started...first try!"
her: "oh is something wrong with it?"
me: "it's a saab."

i hope i drive it for the next twenty years.

3 comments:

Sara said...

the good ol' saab. i like that car as well- im sorry about the inconsistancies in its starting function. Thanks for the advise on my life. lub you

Jabs and Cecil said...

We are glad we were able to give you some of those rides! We miss you Holly.

Kimberly said...

I totally know exactly what you are talking about! My Saab had all of those problems, until one day it just flat out died on me....and sad to say I donated my car to the kidney foundation. Oh how I miss my saab......